Justice Department Releases New Epstein Files, Including Records That Mention Trump
The U.S. Justice Department has released a third batch of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein, adding fresh material to a case that has continued to raise questions years after Epstein’s death. The newly released records include internal emails, notes, and tips that reference Donald Trump, though officials stress that the documents do not accuse him of wrongdoing.
The release is part of the Epstein Files Transparency Act, a law that requires the Justice Department to make unclassified Epstein-related records public, while still protecting victims’ identities. Tuesday’s disclosure includes thousands of pages and has already sparked political debate, frustration among survivors, and renewed scrutiny of how the government has handled the case.
An Email That Drew Immediate Attention
Among the most talked about documents is an email sent in January 2020 by a federal prosecutor in New York. The message claims that flight logs show Trump flew on Epstein’s private plane at least eight times between 1993 and 1996.
According to the email, Trump appeared on multiple flight records during a period when prosecutors expected to bring charges against Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein’s longtime associate. Maxwell was later convicted on federal sex trafficking charges and is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence.
The email states that Trump travelled with various people over the years, including Marla Maples, his daughter Tiffany, and his son Eric. It also notes that on one flight, Epstein and Trump were the only two passengers listed. Additionally, a then-20-year-old woman, whose name has been redacted, was also listed.
Importantly, the document does not allege any illegal behaviour by Trump. Both the sender and recipient of the email were redacted, and the information is presented as internal awareness rather than a formal accusation.
DOJ Pushes Back on Claims
Soon after the documents were released, the Justice Department acknowledged that the new batch includes multiple references to Trump. However, officials said some of the claims in the files are “untrue and sensationalist.”
In a public statement, the DOJ stated that certain allegations were submitted to the FBI shortly before the 2020 election and were found to be unfounded. The department emphasised that if the claims had been credible, they would have been investigated and acted upon at the time.
Despite that, the DOJ said it released the documents to comply with the law and maintain transparency, while applying legally required protections for Epstein’s victims.
Disturbing Documents and Unverified Claims
The release also included deeply disturbing materials that have drawn attention for other reasons.
One document is a note signed “J. Epstein” and addressed to Larry Nassar, who was convicted of sexually abusing numerous girls and women. The note contains disturbing language and references that investigators later asked to be examined through handwriting analysis. However, the results of that analysis were not included, and authorities have stated that the letter cannot be independently verified as having been written by Epstein.
Another set of documents includes anonymous tips sent to the FBI. One tip claims that a woman alleged that Trump and Epstein raped her in the 1990s. The tip was submitted in late October 2020, just days before Election Day. It is unclear whether the FBI investigated the claim, and there is no supporting evidence included in the files.
Trump has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and has said he cut ties with Epstein in the early 2000s, calling him a “creep.”

Questions About Co-Conspirators
Another document revealed internal discussions among federal prosecutors about as many as ten possible co-conspirators linked to Epstein. So far, Maxwell is the only person who has been charged and convicted.
The document references individuals described only in vague terms, such as a “wealthy businessman in Ohio,” along with others located in Florida, Boston, New York, and Connecticut. The identities were not disclosed, and it remains unclear what investigators ultimately found or pursued.
The DOJ has previously said it does not have sufficient evidence to charge any additional individuals.
Political Reactions and Growing Frustration
The release has drawn criticism from both Democrats and Republicans. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said the documents raise more questions than answers and argued that the public still does not know who may have been involved.
Republican Rep. Thomas Massie has also said attorneys for Epstein’s victims believe many more men were involved, yet no additional names have surfaced.
Schumer has accused the Justice Department of failing to comply fully with the law, arguing that only a fraction of the promised records have been released and that many documents remain heavily redacted. He has said he plans to pursue legal action to force full compliance.
Survivors Speak Out
Epstein survivors have also voiced anger and disappointment. In a public letter shared online, a group of survivors said the released files were incomplete and riddled with unexplained redactions, while some victim identities were left exposed.
They accused the DOJ of violating the law and urged Congress to step in through hearings, oversight, and legal action to ensure the department fulfils its obligations.
For survivors, the issue goes beyond politics. Many say they have waited years for accountability, transparency, and answers that still feel out of reach.
A Case That Won’t Fade
Epstein died in a New York jail cell in 2019 while awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking charges. His death was ruled a suicide, but the case has continued to fuel public suspicion, outrage, and debate.
Each new release of documents brings renewed attention, but also renewed frustration. For many Americans, the question remains whether the full truth about Epstein’s network will ever be known or whether it will remain buried in redactions, sealed files, and unanswered questions.
As more records are expected to be released in the coming weeks, scrutiny of the Justice Department, Congress, and past investigations is only likely to grow.